Last Updated: Dec 09, 2018
2. Information We Collect About You
- Registration and Account Information: In order to access and use certain content, features and functionality of the Services, whether as a Parent or Circle Member, we require that you create an account and provide to us certain Information such as your email address and your name.
We collect only the Personal Information necessary to provide the Service. When subscribing to the Service you will be pushed to a third-party app store that allows you enter your credit card and billing information to complete the transaction. We do not keep or process your credit card or billing information.
- Location Information: In order to provide the Service, we ask your permission to collect location-based information from you or your Device including your device’s time zone, GPS-based location information, and longitude/latitude as well as your drop-off locations’ city, country, zip code, region, radius, time zone, GPS-based location information and longitude/latitude.
You device location is used to see if a Registered User has arrived ( or not arrived) at their drop off locations on schedule. If you agree to allow access to your location, you agree that we and our service providers may collect such location-based information from your Device.
We never share that location-based information with third parties to deliver, market and promote the content, services, features, products and advertising (and/or to verify your rights to receive such content, services, features and/or products) that are available through the Services.
If you no longer wish to have this location information collected and used by us, you may “opt-out” by disabling the location features in the operating system of your Device, uninstalling the app, and/or cancelling the service.
- Third Party Platform Information: DropPop™ does not connect to any Third Party Platform and does not collect any Information about you from any Third Party Service.
- Personal Information You Choose to Provide to Obtain Additional Services: We may collect Personal Information that you choose to provide to us when you elect to participate in optional Site-features or Services. For example, if you sign up to receive newsletters, marketing promotions or other communications regarding the Service, participate in contests, surveys and other promotions related to the Service, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and survey responses in order to provide the additional features or Services. We will make clear what information we may process as a result of your engagement with the optional Site-features or Services.
- Third Party Advertising: As part of the Service, we DO NOT use any variety of third parties, including advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers and marketing analytics service providers to, for example, serve advertisements on the Service, populate user-specific advertisements and/or measure and analyze advertising effectiveness and/or traffic on or in connection with the Service (“Third Party Advertising Providers”).
- How We Use Information
- To fulfill our contractual obligations under an existing agreement with you or in anticipation of entering into an agreement with you, including:
- To provide any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Services;
- To enforce your legal rights under an agreement; and
- To provide you with an estimate for the cost of our products and services.
- To meet and fulfill our legitimate business interests, including:
- To contact you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services;
- To market and promote the Services, including promotions and other initiatives and sending marketing emails and correspondence;
- To respond to your questions, comments, complaints, requests and other communications;
- To save your User Account, registration and profile data or other Information in order to tailor your experience with the Services, customize what you see when you use the Services, and save your credentials so you do not to have to re-enter such data each time you use the Services;
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, modifying and improving the Services’ and Sites’ functionality and performance;
- To grow our business;
- To get to know our potential and existing users, clients and customers;
- To develop new products and/or services, or personalize the DropPop™ App;
- To accumulate and report aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Service and user activity.; and
- To determine which features and functionality of the Services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve the Services.
- With your consent, including:
- To enable you to connect with others who use our Service (e.g. your CareGivers on DropPop™ with whom you want to share your drop off schedule on DropPop™).
- To comply with our regulatory or legal obligations, to enforce our legal rights or comply with legal processes, including:
- To detect and prevent fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights;
- To meet reporting requirements (e.g. filing tax forms);
- To retain documents and information related to a legal action;
- To report data breaches or unauthorized access to the Services.
4. Information We Share With Third Parties
It is our ongoing effort to improve the Services and customize the user’s experience, whether as a Parent or a Circle Member. We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Information with others except in the following circumstances:
- Our Group Entities: We may disclose your Information to other group entities that are affiliates and/or subsidiaries or parents of DropPop™ in order to provide you with tailored products, services and communications or in accordance with our internal policies or administrative or business practices.
- Third Party Service Providers: DropPop™ does not share any of your information with any Third Party Service Providers.
- With Your Consent: We will obtain consent from you prior to enabling your use of any location-based services.
- Corporate Transactions or Events: We may disclose your Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- Rights and Choices Regarding Information (e.g. Opting Out; Disabling Certain Features)
At times, you may be presented with the option to “opt-in” to receiving marketing and promotional communications or other information from us that we think will be of interest to you.
The DropPop™ App and the operating system settings in your Device will also present you with the option to disable certain features which allow it to collect and use certain Information from your Device, including location-based information. If you do not wish to have location-based information collected and used by the Service, you may opt out by disabling the location features on your Device. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to use the DropPop™ app for its intended purpose as the entire Service is predicated upon geolocation and geofencing.
If you are an EU citizen or reside in the EU, you may have certain additional rights with respect to the Personal Information you provided to us. To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, you may:
- Access or modify your Personal Information;
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information if the legal ground we are relying on is our legitimate interest or in the public interest;
- Request that your Personal Information be erased if it is no longer necessary to be retained for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn consent to, or object to, the processing of such Personal Information and we meet no other legitimate basis for such processing or it has been unlawfully processed;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information if you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of our processing, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing it;
- Under certain circumstances, have your Personal Information transferred to another company;
- Withdraw any consents that you have previously provided to allow us to process your Personal Information; or
- Stop receiving our marketing communications. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that some requests may require you to verify your identity.
- Opting Out of Use of Certain Information That May be Collected by Tracking Technologies
The DropPop™ does not currently use any tracking software or technology to log usage or any other data.
- Retaining Your Personal Information
We maintain and have implemented security safeguards to protect the Personal Information submitted to and collected, used and stored by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and Personal Information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
9. Our Policy Regarding Children
Our Service is meant to be used by parents, guardians, and caregivers of children under 6 years old and is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you may not use the Service, including registering for or providing any information about yourself to or in connection with the Service or engaging in other activities that collect and/or permit you to enter information about yourself. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For users in the United States, please also visit https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy online.
10. International Transfers of Personal Information
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology. We and some of our subsidiaries and affiliates, servers, vendors and service providers may not be located in your jurisdiction and may also be located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland. If you download, interact with and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the U.S., please be advised that any Information you provide in connection with any such activity may be processed in and/or transferred to the United States and/or other territories and locations, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you download, interact with or otherwise use the Services. If you are an EU citizen or resident in the EU, we will transfer your Personal Information to the United States in accordance with EU data protection law requirements by using model contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission or other appropriate means.
Please note that such transfers may also be necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract with you, to fulfill a request made by you, to meet a legal or regulatory obligation and/or through obtaining you express consent. If you make transactions with parties outside the EEA or Switzerland, we are required to transfer your Personal Information with those parties in order to provide the requested Service to you. If you wish to gain more information about such transfers, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. Links to Third Party Platforms and Services
The Service does not linked to, rely on and/or be integrated with websites, applications, interfaces, services and platforms operated by other companies, including Third Party Advertising Providers and Third Party Platforms. The Service does not feature advertisements from other third parties.